Wednesday, August 4, 2010

D-Link routers suck

Thats right. I have a D-Link DIR-615 wireless N router and it sucks aass. Infact, it could suck a golf ball through a garden hose (Thanks Kubrick) that is how horrible these machines work.  I am embarrased for me and anyone else who has the unfortunate problem of owning D-Link.


Yes friends, this router is a horrible investment.  I bought this router on boxing day 2008 for $50 as an upgrade from our dying trendnet g-router, thinking that most routers are created equal.  No, no, no, like Hulk Hogan waving his finger in the face of an opponent before he hulks up. 


(Incedently, this was a great match at a fantastic Wrestlemania - I was there with some friends are there were only a few of us chanting for The Rock)

I thought "Hey, for $50, and for what we use it for, why the hell not.  But this router drop signal all the freaking time!  I have to go and unplug it to reset in between once a week up to three times a day, depending on how it feels that particular day.


I checked the rating on CNET, and they gave this router a 3 1/2 out of five!  I assume that this was given because they only used it for a whole of 5 minutes to catch the range of the router.  Sure, it covers everywhere in my house.  Sure it was easy to install.  Sure it is pretty looking.  But in the end, over a short perioud of time, it is quickly noticed that it doesn't do the one thing that it is built to do - allow wireless access to the internet.  At least the users on CNET gave it a 2/5, which is still higher than this expensive paperweight is worth.  It takes all my restraint some days not to go all office space on it.  Don't know what that means?  See below:

Long story short, buy a linksys, or a trendnet, or a Belkin, or whatever, just stay away fromt he D-Link.
-d

3 comments:

  1. oh MAAANN I have this router TOOOOO!
    PAIN

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, well I'm done .... tomorrow is new router day. This sorry assed piece of sh*t DLink DIR-857 I bought somewhat optimistly when my other Dlink piece-o-sh*t DIR-615 blew up a year ago is just as bad. Grnated it didn't just die one day like the old 615 did but having to power cycle Dlinks crap hardware once a week is getting old. DLink is CRAP .....

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very interesting article. The insights are really helpful and informative. Thanks for posting. Visit here for more info.

    D-link Customer Support
    dlink router
    dlink admin password

    ReplyDelete