Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Master Chef

Man, it has been a few days since I have but a post up here.  I'd like to point blame at everyone but myself, but in the end, I guess it was all me that was the slacker.

So I decided (unwillingly, as I only have three channels.  But who am I kidding, I would watch this even if I had a fleet of channels) to watch this new Gordon Ramsay TV show called Master Chef.  Maybe it isn't new for all I know, but it is new to the three channels that I have available to watch.  Anyway, back to the ramblings.  Essentially, this show is another reality show where some no name, aspiring chef schmucks from all different walks of life are selected to compete to become America's master chef.  I believe that the prize is also to have a cook book published. (Upon some googling, I have found that this is the first incarnation of Master Chef for the States, but there have been some in Australia, England yada yada yada).

So anyway, this particular episode has the contestants make an asian dish with mandarin oranges.  Everyone makes the same type of thing (mandarin stirfry with rice or noodles) and the judges are all up in their face for making bland, tasteless food.

...I am not really sure where I am going with this, but I guess in the end, I am a cooking show whore, and I would watch anything where there is food involved.  I also have a secret love for Gordon Ramsay.  Sure, he is a little crass, and sure he swears a lot, but really, it is part gimic.  That is what makes it so people will watch Ramsay.  If you like the cooking shows, you would likely enjoy this show.

-d

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I like cooking shows!

    On an off topic comment, regarding three channels ... I have that many too! Until I decided to check just exactly how good eastlink is at filtering OUT channels when you don't pay for them. Turns out they are pretty good, but I do get channels 49-57 inclusive. Hey - I enjoy the all Seinfeld channel on occasion hehe

    ReplyDelete